[IMC] 48HFP: #48Filma Filmapalooza Updates, 2016 Genres, And Top 2015 Articles

48 Hour Film Project markandliz at 48hourfilm.com
Wed Feb 24 13:56:03 EST 2016

48 Hour Film Project Newsletter
February 2016
Editor: Brian Bowers

[1][jpeg]

February 48HFP Newsletter

Be The First To Know The 2015 Grand Prize Winner! #48Filma

2016 Genres-Not just new genres, a new system

2016 Tour Dates

48HFP Movie Gallery

Top Articles From 2015

48HFP Alumni Achievements: Young Filmmaker Crosses Oceans To Compete In The
48HFP

Be The First To Know The 2015 Grand Prize Winner! #48Filma

2016's Filmapalooza in Atlanta is just over a week away! Can't make it this
year? You can still be a part of the action--at least virtually, that is.
Just search for #48Filma on your favorite social media channels to see
photos, videos, posts, and even live streams from the 350 filmmakers in
attendance!

This year's Filmapalooza is jam-packed with screenings of all of the
award-winning films from our 2015 tour, along with winning films from some
of our special genre competitions, and even two different 48 day feature
films. But there's way more to Filmapalooza that just films! This year
we've invited an impressive set of film industry guests to lead a series of
seminars and panels, including:

Monty Ross (Feature Film Panel and Pitch Panel) Monty Ross is a filmmaker,
producer, and director, most notably known as Spike Lee's co-producer on
School Daze, Do The Right Thing, Jungle Fever, Malcom X, Crooklyn, and
Clockers. Additionally, he produced advertising campaigns for clients such
as...

[2][jpeg]
2016 Genres - Not just new genres, a new system!

We're shaking things up with our genres this year! As a brand new twist, at
the Kickoff Event each team draws TWO genres from a hat -- one from Group
#1 and one from Group #2. Your team will decide which one to use for your
film. For years we've had everyone's favorite pairing Musical or Western,
but now each and every genre will be paired.

With this change, the Wild Card option has been eliminated. Your film must
be true to one of the genres you have selected — and no trading with other
teams!

Got it all? Well, be warned... We switch up the options each year - just to
keep you on your toes!!

View the full list of genres in each group at
[3]http://48hourfilm.com/genres.

Our 2016 tour will be kicking off soon! Just weeks after Filmapalooza our
first 48HFP of the year kicks off in Clermont-Ferrand, followed shortly by
two more French cities--Côte d'Azur, and new 48HFP city Brest. We're adding
new tour dates weekly, so be sure to view our most up to date tour schedule
online at [4]http://www.48hourfilm.com/weekends.

Upcoming Tour Dates

March 18, 2016
* [5]Clermont-Ferrand, FR

March 25, 2016
* [6]Brest, FR
* [7]Côte d'Azur, FR

April 1, 2016
* [8]Aquitaine
* [9]Lisbon, PT
* [10]Los Angeles, CA
* [11]Nijmegen, NL
* [12]Tours, FR

April 8, 2016
* [13]Vienna, AT

April 15, 2016
* [14]Katowice, PL
* [15]San Jose, CA
* [16]Singapore

May 13, 2016
* [17]Boston, MA

May 20, 2016
* [18]Edinburgh, GB

[19][jpeg]

"Le temps des adieux" by Compose it ArtLyon, FR 48HFP 2015[20]

"Whisper" by Three-legged Films Saint Louis, MO 48HFP 2015[21]

48HFP Movie Gallery

"Ritus" by KokosnotenLeeuwarden, NL 48HFP 2015[22]

[23][jpeg]

Top Articles From 2015

We are already super excited about all of the great things we've got
planned for 2016--Filmapalooza in Atlanta, new 48HFP cities on our tour,
and of course tons of new films. But we're also psyched to bring you
another year of great new filmmaking articles, interviews, and tips to help
you become an even better filmmaker. We've got so much in store for this
year! In the mean time, here are some of our top articles from last year
(in no particular order) for your filmmaking inspiration.

* [24]48 Day Worldwide FEATURE Film
* [25]48HFPer Wears Many Hats For Feature "The Night Watchmen"
* [26]48HFPer's Film (Literally) Gets An Out-Of-This-World Screening
* [27]LA Filmmakers Get Red Carpet Proposal
* [28]Hacking Kickstarter For Filmmakers (Part One)
* [29]Hacking Kickstarter For Filmmakers (Part Two)
* [30]What Can You Do With 77 Hours? The Four Points Film Project!
* [31]Filmmaker Workflow And Backup Tips To Save Your Films For Years To
Come

48HFP Alumni Achievements: Young Filmmaker Crosses Oceans To Compete In The
48HFP
Among our 48HFP filmmakers around the world, only a small percentage of
them take on the extra challenge of participating in 48HFP's in multiple
cities during the year. To compete in five different cities in one year is
a feat reserved for an even smaller select group of people who truly
believe in the 48HFP as a true life 'trial by fire.' And it takes a very
special person to not only compete in five 48HFP cities, but then to also
travel to another continent by herself, with no cast, crew, or equipment,
to complete a sixth 48HFP in a city she has never been to. But French
filmmaker Jeanne Alexandre is no ordinary young filmmaker. She did all of
this, and more, in the 2015 48HFP tour--and at the ripe old age of 17 at
that.

This filmmaker (who only recently turned 18) competed in her first 48HFP in
her home city of Dijon, France, back in 2014. She signed up to compete
again last year because of her great initial experience. After her second
time competing, she felt like the 48HFP was proving to be a pretty good
training ground...

[32][jpeg]

Get Social!
[33] [png]          [34] [png]           [35] [instagram-icon.png]

View web version