[IMC] 48HFP: 2015 Global Award Winners and Cannes Films Announced, Tour Dates, and Spring Filmmaking Grants

48 Hour Film Project markandliz at 48hourfilm.com
Wed Mar 23 10:17:05 EDT 2016

48 Hour Film Project Newsletter
March 2016
Editor: Brian Bowers

[1][jpeg]

March 48HFP Newsletter

2015 Global Award-Winners And 48HFP Cannes Selections Announced!

Filmapalooza 2016: What You Missed!

2016 Tour Dates

48HFP Movie Gallery

Spring Filmmaking Grants

2015 Global Award-Winners And 48HFP Cannes Selections Announced!

[2][jpeg]
The 2015 Global Best Film was "Unforgettable" by Take 23 from Amsterdam

Over 350 filmmakers from over 80 cities around the world gathered in
Atlanta last week for a film festival unlike any other. The winning film
teams from all 128 48HFP cities across the globe were invited to what was a
truly international gathering of minds and spirits. Filmapalooza attendees
are still recovering from the non-stop parties, screenings, workshops,
networking and late night bar hopping. On Saturday night, the International
Prize winners were announced. Special congratulations to Take 23 from
Amsterdam for their film Unforgettable, which took home the Global Grand
Champion prize from 2015: "Best 48 Hour Film 2015"! The full list of
winning films is posted at [3]http://48hourfilm.com/filmapalooza.

In addition, we announced the 15 films that will screen in this year's
Cannes Film Festival. This selection of films from around the world truly
embodies the spirit of the 48HFP, and we are pleased to have them...

[4][jpeg]

Filmapalooza 2016-What You Missed!
In the beginning of March, over 350 filmmakers traveled to Atlanta,
Georgia, for what many have said was our best Filmapalooza yet! Over the
course of four days, this group of international 48HFP'ers had a chance to
bond over networking events, late-night impromptu parties, tons of great
films, and a shared love of filmmaking, the 48HFP, and their entire
Filmapalooza experience. Here is just some of what people had to say:

I would like to say first of all, that it was absolutely wonderful meeting
you all throughout the 4 days of Filmapalooza. You are the most amazing
people and spectacular film makers that I've ever met.

-Lorus from Albuquerque, NM

This weekend was the s#$@. I had a great time with all of you. Many of your
films have inspired and re-engergized me in different ways and it's great
to get to know filmmakers from around the planet.

-Thomas from New Orleans, Louisiana

[5][jpeg]

Our 2016 tour officially kicked off last weekend in Clermont-Ferrand! It
continues in France for the next two weekends as we head to Brest, Côte
d'Azur, and Aquitaine. Our first U.S. cities begin on April 1st as we head
to Huntsville and Los Angeles. More upcoming tour dates through the
beginning of June are listed below, but the full list is updated daily at
[6]http://www.48hourfilm.com/weekends, so be sure to check it out online to
find out when the 48HFP will be coming to YOUR city!

Upcoming Tour Dates

March 25, 2016
* [7]Brest, FR
* [8]Côte d'Azur, FR

April 1, 2016
* [9]Aquitaine
* [10]Huntsville, AL
* [11]Lisbon, PT
* [12]Los Angeles, CA
* [13]Nijmegen, NL
* [14]Tours, FR

April 8, 2016
* [15]Vienna, AT

April 15, 2016
* [16]Katowice, PL
* [17]San Jose, CA
* [18]Singapore

April 29, 2016
* [19]Washington, D.C.

May 6, 2016
* [20]Taipei, TW

May 13, 2016
* [21]Boston, MA
* [22]Dallas, TX

May 20, 2016
* [23]Edinburgh, GB
* [24]Punta del Este, UY

May 27, 2016
* [25]Dijon, FR

June 3, 2016
* [26]Amsterdam, NL
* [27]Salt Lake City, UT

June 10, 2016
* [28]St. Louis, MO
* [29]Wroclaw, PL

[30][jpeg]

"Wake Up" by Aja On TourOrlando, FL 48HFP 2015[31]

"Everday Yeti" by Paper Ghost PicturesNashville, TN 48HFP 2015[32]

48HFP Movie Gallery

"Ďakujem za krásne sviatky" by Na kolene ProductionBratislava, SK 48HFP
2015[33]

[34][jpeg]

Spring Filmmaking Grants
On top of traditional financing, film funds, and crowdfunding, there's one
more excellent but often overlooked method to finance your next
film--through a grant. In a sense, a grant may be the best solution to
financing a project because it doesn't need to be paid back. And because
the money is often already set aside, it's money that's ripe for the
taking. The application process for grants ranges from a simple online
application to a more complicated rigmarole of film submissions and lengthy
interviews. Regardless, it's almost always worth a shot since somebody is
going to get the money.

Where does one find grants for filmmaking projects? Normally, you'd need to
hunt around on the internet or search foundation directories for grants
that would be a fit, but No Film School has done the work for us. They put
together a quarterly massive list of some of the many filmmaking grants
that are out there. We've culled their list down even further to
showcase...

[35][jpeg]

Get Social!
[36] [png]          [37] [png]         [38] [instagram-icon.png]

View web version