[Imcamericorps] IMC working group descriptions for lobby!

Katherine Lieder klieder at gmail.com
Wed Dec 16 11:27:52 CST 2009

The Gesundheit! Institute is a project in holistic medical care based on the
belief that one cannot separate the health of the individual from the health
of the family, the community, the world, and the health care system itself.
Gesundheit’s model is designed to protect care as the core of the medical
interaction. Our model is organized around these principles:

   - Care is free.
   - Patients are treated as friends.
   - Ample time is given to the care interaction (e.g. initial interviews
   with patients are 3 hours long).
   - All complementary medicine is welcomed.
   - The health of the staff is as important as the health of the patients.
   - Care is infused with fun and play.