[Imcamericorps] Re: [IMC] Potential Internships

Brian Duggan bcdugga at gmail.com
Wed Nov 4 18:35:15 CST 2009

Electrical Engineering Students:
There are a number of broken or nearly-working electronic devices
around the IMC. They cannot be used in their current state. If someone
attempted to fix them and failed, the cost to IMC would be nothing and
we could additionally free up space by determining which electronic
devices are absolutely, positively dead. I don't possess the skill to
try to fix these things. If there are EE students who would like to
take a crack at them, they'd be welcome, I think. Might want to run
this one by Josh.

For example: there's a small digital projector in the production room.
The display and audio are obviously functional, but the screen scrolls
indefinitely for some reason. It's totally unusable right now, but a
simple fix could make it a great resource.

Software Engineering/IT Students:
There are number of unused computer resources in the IMC that I don't
have much time to get set up. Laser printers, scanners, fax machines,
etc all need configuration and physical setup to make them usable.
This would be great experience for Software and IT students. Might
also want to run this one by Josh.

For example:
There's a laser printer with a box of toner cartridges sitting under
Public I's space in the production room that they've never bothered to
set up. This is an incredibly valuable resource that is going to waste
because I don't have time to focus on it right now.