[Imcamericorps] Saturday: I-Pan & Rumba Na Biso

Katy Vizdal katyvizdal at gmail.com
Thu Apr 1 12:29:23 CDT 2010

Please share this event with anyone you might feel is interested!

   [image: spacer.gif]   [image: spacer.gif]  [image: spacer.gif]   [image:
friendselectric_logo 2]
 *Saturday, April 3rd-  I-Pan & Rumba Na Biso!
 A Night of Steel Pan & Congolese Music!
*
[image: I-Pan 2]
"I-Pan" is an energetic steel band that has been delighting
music-lovers of Champaign-Urbana since 1993.  Playing standard soca calypso
music from Trinidad, reggae from Jamaica, and popular song adaptations from
the U.S., I-Pan's sound is characterized by driving rhythms and memorable
melodies that create an exciting atmosphere you are sure to enjoy.
 Listen
to I-Pan's music<http://cts.vresp.com/c/?UCIndependentMediaCe/6444d8b79c/TEST/f9221af8b1>

*Starts at 9pm
Admission: $5 *

"Rumba na Biso"<http://cts.vresp.com/c/?UCIndependentMediaCe/6444d8b79c/TEST/ad06ce75c8/v=t_XmBxw4Zak>is
Champaign-Urbana's new African dance band, interpreting hits from the
enduring and vibrant music scene of the city of Kinshasa in the Democratic
Republic of Congo.  With its roots in Afro-Cuban music, Congolese popular
music is a dazzling mix of latin and African rhythms, beautiful melodies and
driving electric guitars.  The style has been well-known and influential
across the African continent for over a half century, and now "Rumba na
Biso" brings these sounds to central Illinois: *guaranteed to make your body
move.*

Urbana-Champaign Independent Media
Center<http://cts.vresp.com/c/?UCIndependentMediaCe/6444d8b79c/TEST/14463e901f>
202 S. Broadway (The historic Urbana Post Office)
 Urbana, IL 61801
    [image: spacer.gif]  [image: spacer.gif] [image: spacer.gif]  [image:
spacer.gif] [image: spacer.gif]  [image: spacer.gif]   [image: spacer.gif]

--
Katy Vizdal
Performance Venue Coordinator

Web: http://www.ucimc.org/