[Imcamericorps] strategy for farmer's market?

Carly Nix nix.carly at gmail.com
Tue Apr 20 15:12:24 CDT 2010

Markets are on Saturdays, and there are 28 of them from May 1 to November
6.  Cost is $7.50 per week, but there's a 10% discount if you prepay for
more than 5.  So if we were to pay upfront for all weekends it would be $189
for the whole summer.  If we decide this is a high priority, we could ask
the working groups to split the cost.  We could have flyers for all the
different groups at the table to pass out to people.  Last year I staffed a
table with info about the IMC, copies of the WRFU schedule and copies of the
Public i.

But we could also have the bike project represent more one week than
another, with the bike trailer thing, for example.

Here's the group application info:
http://www.city.urbana.il.us/urbana/community_development/economic_development/market/Group_Application.pdf

-Carly

On Tue, Apr 20, 2010 at 2:45 PM, carol ammons <carolammons at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hey Carly,
>
> I think the market is a good idea.  How much is the space and where did you
> believe the funding for the space will come from?
>
> Carol A.
>

> On Tue, Apr 20, 2010 at 1:16 PM, Carly Nix <nix.carly at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hey Everyone,
>>
>> The Urbana Farmer's Market is a perfect venue for us to recruit new
>> volunteers and spread the word about our projects and the IMC.  I think it
>> would make sense for us to have shifts for different people to take at each
>> market.  Also if we're going to have a booth we have to purchase the space.
>> The first market is on 5/1.  Can we discuss at the next bi-weekly meeting?
>>
>> Thoughts?
>>
>> -Carly
>>

> --
> Carol Ammons-Program Director