[Imcamericorps] Media Matters with Bob McChesney

Nicole Pion nicole.pion at gmail.com
Thu Feb 11 12:49:34 CST 2010

I'll be attending and have ordered an extra ticket - anyone want to join
me?  It's free, but reservations are required.  Bob is on our BOD for the
IMC.

Nicole

http://ucimc.org/content/come-see-bob-mcchesneys-media-matters-live

Fans of WILL-AM’s *Media Matters* *with Bob McChesney* have the opportunity
to be part of a live studio audience for the show at a special event at
12:30 pm Sunday, Feb. 21.

 The event at the Siebel Center, 201 N. Goodwin Ave., Urbana, is free to the
public, but tickets are required. Space is limited. Call 217-333-7300 during
business hours by 5 p.m. Monday, Feb. 15, to request a ticket. Parking is
available one block north in the garage at Goodwin and Clark streets.

 “We wanted to thank *Media Matters* listeners by doing a live studio show
for the first time,” McChesney said.  “I will stay after the program to take
more questions, talk about my new book, and sign books.” His new book, *The
Death and Life of American Journalism: The Media Revolution That Will Begin
the World Again*, co-authored with John Nichols, will be for sale for $25 at
the event, with all proceeds going to WILL. Nichols, political writer for
The Nation magazine, will appear with McChesney at the event as a guest on
the show.

Jay Pearce, director of created content for Illinois Public Media, said *Media
Matters* is one of WILL’s most popular shows. “We get listeners from all
around the country who hear the program on the Web. This is a great
opportunity for listeners to see Bob in action and meet him afterwards,” he
said.

McChesney is a professor of communication at the University of Illinois.

--
Nicole Pion
Outreach and Development Adviser

believed to be clean.