[Imcamericorps] {Spam?} {Spam?} Steering meeting tonight + working group updates

JOY imcbooks at gmail.com
Thu Jan 7 15:27:32 CST 2010

My apologies for the delay. I'm having difficulty keeping track of what goes
where...
Finance Updates for January 2010 Steering

The holiday appeal fundraising letters have been composed and mailed.

The 2008 audit and taxes have been completed and submitted.

We consensed to become the fiscal sponsors of Community Center for the
LGBTQA community in Champaign County.

Our treasurer and board member, Jason Turner, will be stepping down after
three years of service. A search is currently being conducted. Jason has
done an AMAZING job of completing audits and grant budgets for our many
programs. He has also helped to clean the backlog out of our books. Jason
will be MISSED!

We received notice from Champaign Consortium that funding for Tim and Chris'
positions will end January 8, 2010, not March 31 as previously stated.

Building Concerns--

We had to order a new motor for the boiler. Comfort will install this within
the next week or so when the part comes in.

Our tenant in room 15 vacated. We signed a 12 month lease for the space with
the Tech group and MakerSpace. We signed a 6 month lease with Chris Evans
for room 215. We are filled to capacity.

On Thu, Jan 7, 2010 at 2:10 PM, Judith Pond <judith.pond at gmail.com> wrote:

> Just a reminder that the steering meeting is scheduled for tonight, January
> 7 at 8pm.
>
> Working group updates that were sent to me are compiled below.
>
> See you tonight,
> Judith
>

> *LIBRARIANS GROUP UPDATE *(submitted by  Chris Ritzo)
>
>    - Received collection donation from the estate of Barbara Vogl. This
>    will become a new permanent collection at the IMC: the Barbara Vogl
>    Cybernetics Collection.
>    - Began moving library materials to new location: south wall of main
>    space near the windows
>    - Website has been given a huge update. Added links to donate to UCIMC
>    library via Paypal.
>    - Hosted volunteers from Library Science school in Dec. Cataloged
>    zines.
>    - Will be working with Meme to build new shelving for library materials
>    - Coordinating with Library Science school Archives class to begin work
>    organizing and cataloging UCIMC archive materials
>
> *THE BIKE PROJECT UPDATE *(submitted by Emma Barnes)
>
>    - Women and Trans night (first Tues. of every month) is still
>    continuing. This week's was empty due to cold weather & lack of students in
>    town
>    - Our next general meeting will be Jan. 26 6-8 pm. All are invited to
>    attend. Food and beverages will be provided. An agenda is always available
>    on our wiki page before the meeting.
>    - Light installation will occur approximately Jan. 15th.
>    - Members-only hours are suspended until Spring
>    - Will be a Bike Fitting clinic Jan. 31st hosted by Karen Partlow, the
>    business owner of Crow Dog bike fitting business (and Bike Project member)
>
> *AMERICORPS UPDATE *(submitted by Judith Pond)
>
>    - MLK Day of Service Project: forming a peace band with 2nd and 3rd
>    graders at King Elementary School on Tuesday, January 19
>    - Art supply drive to benefit King School: look for donation bins in
>    the IMC
>

> --
> believed to be clean.

Joy Davis