[Imcamericorps] Fwd: Sad News Regarding Daniel Schreiber

Jacob Barton udderbot at gmail.com
Wed Jul 28 12:47:43 CDT 2010

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: The Channing Murray Weekly Newsletter <weekly at cm-mail.org>
Date: Wed, Jul 28, 2010 at 12:14 PM
Subject: Sad News Regarding Daniel Schreiber
To: Weekly List <weekly at cm-mail.org>

A sad message from Ben, a member of the Food Co-op.

Our community lost a shining light early Tuesday morning. Daniel
Schreiber, the local creator of Flatland Chocolate has died.

 Few facts about his death have been released, but one thing is
certain – he will be missed by many of us.

>From the Farmer’s market to the food Co-op, from the Art Theatre to
numerous cafes in town, Daniel has shared his love for making
beautiful chocolates.  He also had a great passion for expanding the
role of local food and had been rallying for a community kitchen to
enable more people to produce food here.

 Like me, the people I spoke to at the co-op are feeling a little
confused by the suddenness and enormity of this loss. We have planned
a simple gathering on the co-op patio today (Wednesday) evening at
6:30 to come together and try to help each other make sense of this.
Please come if you feel the need to be with friends.

Note from Channing Murray:

Daniel used our Red Herring kitchen earlier this summer to make his
delicious chocolates.

We are saddened to hear of his death.

--
The Channing-Murray Foundation
Unitarian-Universalist Campus Center
channingmurrayfoundation at gmail.com
217.344.1176
Office Hours: Monday: 10 AM - 3 PM, Tuesday:  CLOSED, Wednesday -
Friday:  11:30 AM - 4:30 PM