[Imcamericorps] Fwd: Volunteers

meiosha polk mmp102 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 18 10:29:32 CDT 2010

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Goines, Vaneitta Jene Lawesse <goinesv at ad.uiuc.edu>
Date: Fri, Sep 17, 2010 at 4:19 PM
Subject: RE: Volunteers
To: meiosha polk <mmp102 at gmail.com>

 MeMe,

This is an acceptable project. Will all the students be doing only this
activity? Or, will the small groups still assist with Books for Prisoners
book sale and the parts sorting, shop organization, and tubing repair for
the Bike Project? We would like for the students to learn about the unique
project that is the IMC, so if a tour or other introduction to the building
and center is possible, that would be great.

The students will arrive at approximately 8:45 AM (they will be on a
chartered bus from the Illini Union). They’re meeting there at 8:30 AM. They
will work until 10:30 AM and return to the Illini Union by 10:45 AM.

If you have questions, you may call me at (217) 244-1024 (direct line) or
leave a message for me at (217) 333-7424  (Office of Volunteer Programs main
staff office).

Your agency would need to provide:

·         tasks suitable to keep approximately 40 students busy for about 90
minutes

·         any tools or supplies needed for students to complete their tasks

·         a welcome which briefly explains your agency’s mission and how it
serves those in need; and thanks the students for their service

·         a supervisor: an agency staff member or long-term, experienced
agency volunteer who will provide students with guidance and answer
questions related to task completion

·         if students are completing outdoor work, water and restrooms,
readily accessible for student use

Thank you for your assistance in pulling this project together.

Best,

Vaneitta