[Imcamericorps] Reminder

leon mcgee leonmcgeeamericorps at gmail.com
Thu Apr 7 12:16:43 CDT 2011

The Fire department will be here Monday (4/11), next week to re-inspect the
issues they saw about are building.

One of those main issues was extension cords.

   -  If your reason for using one was because of not enough power outlets,
   then a surge protector needs to be in place and not the extension cord.

   -  Make sure that if it is a permanent  fixture, ex: computer,
   light/lamp, mini fridge, they need to be plug directly to the power source
   outlet or through a surge protector.
   - Big items like a kitchen size fridge, should be plug directly to power
   outlet. If you are to use a extension cord, unplug when done using or if
   leaving the area.

Next reminder is Roach Masonry, will be here on Tuesday (4/19) to fix stone
steps on west side of building. They are going to need to close off the main
entrance way to work. the post office will be allowing traffic to come
through there other entrance. This is what we (IMC) will need to use as
well. Please spread the word everyone, that it is important to be respectful
of the postal area when walking through. I suggest that when you enter
through the postal area, do not walk by the counter clerk area. There will
be a sign pointing where to walk if your going to the IMC part of the
building. When the post office closes It is a pick between the south door or
elm street door for evening entrances, I haven't decided. Suggestion? Seeing
that the steps may need at least a day to sit after repair, it might be wise
for you to make sure to plan for the front to not be usable for about 2
days.

Thanks
--
Building Coordinator