[Imcamericorps] Volunteer Possibility for AmeriCorps Week

Kristina Williams kristinawho at gmail.com
Mon Apr 18 11:57:59 CDT 2011

Hey Aaron,

I love the Dump N Run. Hope to get some good digs this year! I think this is
a good additional event for us to take on. Will we need to supply our own
vehicles?

On Mon, Apr 18, 2011 at 9:15 AM, Aaron Johnson-Ortiz <
aajohnsonortiz at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Everyone
>
> So, I talked with Sam about this, but on May 14th the University Y will be
> needing volunteers to go around town and pick up boxes of donated stuff.   I
> thought this could be added to the list of volunteer options for AmeriCorps
> Week.  Here's the description:
>
> "Dump and Run" is an annual event that the Y does, where we pick up stuff
> left my students at the end of this semester, and sell it back to students
> in August.  It is green, because we keep things that would otherwise be
> trash, and it also funds a large portion of our annual budget.  On May 14th
> we'll go around town (but especially to the Illini Tower), and pick up boxes
> and bring them to the Y.  We need volunteers because this happens right
> after students leave, and we have to pick everything up that day.
>
> Thanks,
> -aa

Kristina Williams, News Media Coordinator
Urbana-Champaign Independent Media Center <http://ucimc.org>
kristinawho[at]gmail[dot]com
202 S Broadway
Urbana, IL 61801