[Imcamericorps] [Share-a-Meal] Support the UC-IMC by eating delicious food tomorrow night!

Austin McCann austinmccann at ucimc.org
Mon Apr 25 12:04:23 CDT 2011

Greetings UC-IMC:

*Summary of this email:*

Tomorrow night, go eat at one of the local restaurants listed below & the
UC-IMC will get moneys!

*Exposition:*

The 8th Annual Share-A-Meal with Community Shares will be held at
restaurants in Champaign-Urbana on Tuesday, April 26, 2011.  The event is
sponsored by Community Shares of Illinois, a non-profit organization
representing over 70 charities, including 11 charities right here in
Champaign County. *The UC-IMC is one of them!*

Six restaurants in Champaign-Urbana are expected to donate 20-30% of their
sales on April 26th to Community Shares of Illinois and its member
organizations.  Participating restaurants in Champaign-Urbana include:

>    - Siam Terrace - 212 W. Main St., Urbana (dinner)
>    - Great Impasta - 156 C Lincoln Square, Urbana (lunch & dinner)
>    - Black Dog Smoke & Ale House - 201 N. Broadway Ave., Urbana (lunch &
>    dinner)
>    - Milo’s - 2870 S. Philo Rd., Urbana (dinner)
>    - Farren’s Pub & Eatery – 308 N. Randolph St., Champaign (dinner)
>    - My Thai – 2312 W. Springfield Ave., Champaign (lunch & dinner)

*All you have to do to contribute is dine out at one of the participating
restaurants.* The UC-IMC will receive 5 points for every 10 people that we
turn out to eat at one of these restaurants. These points go toward our
share of unassigned donations to Community Shares of Illinois, which means
more funding to help us continue our work.

Let me know if you plan on supporting us by, e.g., eating that grass-fed
burger w/ peach-BBQ sauce at Black Dog.*

*Best,
Austin

--
Austin McCann, Development Adviser