[Imcamericorps] results of "in my shoes" search

Isak Griffiths isak at ucimc.org
Tue Jul 19 13:31:22 CDT 2011

Hi all,

Just thought the general membership would be interested in knowing this:

Outside of Shows folks and the AmeriCorps team, I've received 5
contributions from IMC volunteers for this project.

I leave this afternoon for vacation, and the day I get back we start
filming; so as of 4pm today my collection efforts are done.

I can't help but feel that this is a golden opportunity to archive --
through media -- unique and remarkable things. If anyone else is interested
in helping to capture how the people here at the IMC -- and/or the
affiliated organizations -- have helped shaped Urbana, helped the community,
or been changed because they're here, I'd love the help. I would need to
collect the assembled memories, specific locations of the memories in
Urbana, and pair of shoes for each memory/person around 9am Tuesday morning
next week. (the 26th)

If no one else is interested in helping with this, that's ok, too.

What I have is beautiful and moving, and I *am* genuinely excited about what
will be created. There's just a whole where the IMC should be.

Isak