[Imcamericorps] Floor waxing and front foyer painting

leon mcgee leonmcgeeamericorps at gmail.com
Wed Jul 27 20:26:00 CDT 2011

Hey All,

This Saturday(7/30), the front foyer area of the IMC will be closed off for
painting. I believe between the early morning and until 7pm that day. I will
have signs up tomorrow too informing outside IMC users and PO box users.
There will be signs detouring everyone to the back alley entrances, the one
to the south ramp and the one that leads to the basement, right outside the
bike project. PO box users will be detoured t the small steps on the SW
corner of the building.

For those who might not know, I have recently wax most of the main space
floor area. The areas that have not been touch yet are the Fridge area and
the public computer area. Or in other words, the whole west side of the
first floor. I will be doing this in sections, starting Monday next week,
the fridge area and down to the stairs that lead to the basement from the
main space will be block off, starting at 7:30pm till 10:30 pm. I am
estimating that I should finish that same night with this section. I ask you
to please inform anyone planning to enter the basement at that time, to use
the south entrance by the bike project or may use the NW staircase by RFU.

The public computer area and on to the red doors, will be block off Tuesday
next week at 7:30pm till 10:30pm. I am asking that tech could help me by
disconnecting the computers and the big TV in that area so that all the desk
and chairs can be moved. Please inform folks that the red doors will not be
accessible and will have to use alternative routes to get to the basement.

Note: There will be signs pointing persons where to go, but sign sometime do
not get read so please take the time to inform anyone outside of the IMC
where they may enter if possible. I do not want anyone upset because they
could not find a way around or to step on the waxed areas.

Thank You!

--
Building Coordinator
Leon McGee