[Imcamericorps] Fwd: TWO Upcoming Weekend Workdays

Katy Vizdal katyvizdal at gmail.com
Sun Mar 27 14:51:58 CDT 2011

If anybody is interested in volunteering for the Sustainable Student Farm
(UIUC)

-Katy

Hello SSF Volunteers!

The spring season is now well underway, but we need *your* help to ramp up
the farm for summer production.

We have TWO BIG WEEKEND WORKDAYS coming up where volunteers can help harvest
greens from the high tunnels, start transplants, and prepare the farm for
outdoor production. Workdays will be held on:
*

Saturday April 2nd from 9am-3pm
                        and
Saturday April 16th from 9am-3pm

Bring your friends, bring your family, bring your student organization!

SIGN UP HERE <http://www.signupgenius.com/go/ssf2011> to volunteer!
(weekdays & weekend workdays)

Visit our website <http://thefarm.illinois.edu/> for news and updates about
the farm.

We will also continue to have
  our regular weekday workdays on Wednesdays & Thursdays from 9-12 and
1-4, weather
permitting. Volunteers can come out for any time in this range. Make sure to
check your emails before leaving in case the workday is cancelled. We will
be updated these dates and times as the season progresses, so keep checking
back.

 The SSF is located at the SE corner of Lincoln & Windsor (take Lincoln Ave
south until it turns into a gravel road). Please come out to help and have
fun!

Have a Big Group?
If you have a large group that you would like to bring out to the farm for a
tour or to volunteer, please let me know ahead of time (uiucssf at gmail.com)
so we can work out the best possible arrangements for your group. We love
big groups!

Have an Idea?
The Sustainable Student Farm is always looking for new, innovative ideas on
how to sustainably expand and manage the farm. Come out to a workday to tell
us about it, or just email uiucssf at gmail.com!

See you at the farm,
Kevin
*