[Imcamericorps] floor waxing logistical issues

Isak Griffiths isak at ucimc.org
Wed May 11 14:16:23 CDT 2011

Hi all,

I was about to add the floor waxing to the IMC calendar, and realized a few
things...

1. Due to the calendar being unupdatable for so long, I forgot that Thursday
the 19th there is a show at the IMC. [I'm trying to get the rest of the
calendar current.]

2. When it comes to waxing the main space, how will this be coordinated with
the post office?
        -- using the main space bathroom and rear entrance
               being used to access the post office space
        -- the carts being pushed to the loading doc between 4:30 and 6pm

3. How will we handle the passageway of the main space used by Betsem, Books
to Prisoners, and others?

4. How will time coordination be handled with print/wrfu since during at
least part of that time, there will be no access to the production room? (Or
the finance office.)

5. In the main space, after each final coat, how will we keep people out of
the space and off the floors for the 3 hours curing time since, assuming
that after the 4-hour blocks we'll be "done"? (In my experience, neither
putting up signs suffices to instruct or deter people.)

6. In the main space, the curing time means that furniture won't be put back
right away. How will we coordinate resetting the spaces and putting
everything back? This is important as there are things going on that week,
and I don't want to be in a position of resetting the space alone and having
to drag everything back into place. The schedule for that week (including
setup and cleanup times):

      Sat 14th    -- open
      Sun 15th   -- open
      Mon 16th   -- open