[Imcamericorps] floor waxing logistical issues

Isak Griffiths isak at ucimc.org
Thu May 12 14:16:15 CDT 2011

Long emails are everyone's nemesis. The primary concerns:

-- The post office's entrance/exit is in the main space, and they use paths
in a fleur-de-lis pattern in the main space (to the bathroom, their break
room, and the back door) until 5:30-6 pm.

-- When, how and by whom the items in the main space will be put back. It
would be nice if that were a group effort as well.

-- To be blunt, I don't trust people to respect signs or simple barriers
that prohibit entry... the sense of entitlement to the space is too great.
To honestly keep people out of main space during curing time, we would have
to block off the stairs at the bottom, the red doors outside the doors, the
of people stationed at each location saying, "no... really... no one can go
in until X o'clock." With of course some rotation to allow for beverage and
bathroom breaks.
_________

If we weren't on a time crunch Saturday, I would suggest doing the Sunroom
and the couch area Saturday, and the rest of the main space Sunday.

I know ZB is unavailable Sunday. But if others are, I think it would make
more sense to do the whole main space Sunday when we can legitimately say no
one is allowed in the space at all.

The problem with Monday (or any evening) is that due to the Post Office, we
can't start much of the main space section until after 6pm.

Isak