[Imcamericorps] West step repairs

leon mcgee leonmcgeeamericorps at gmail.com
Tue May 17 12:19:22 CDT 2011

Hi all,

       I have rescheduled the front steps to be repaired on Monday the 23rd,
if the weather is well, or Tuesday the 24th. They will be starting at about
7am and should take most of the day.
Before I had said that we would need two days, one for the repair and one
for the repair to settle. This will not be the case. It will only need over
night for the steps to settle in.

      The plan is what ever day the job is done, the steps will be block off
during the repair and until the next morning when I come in at 6am. During
the time the steps are being repaired, the south entrance(back alley) will
be the open to let IMC users in and out of the building. For security
purposes, those doors will be lock at 8pm. Any entry from there on will be
by those who have keys to the building. Post Office customers and those who
have P.O. boxes will be informed to use the smaller steps that lead to the
Post Office. When the Post Office closes at 5pm, P.O. box users will be able
to access there boxes using the south alley door as well. This of course
only until 8pm. I ask that who ever accesses the building past that time to
not allow anyone but yourself and those that are with you in the building.
Do not let in people you do not know personally. If they say I am with this
or that group, it is the group, Odd music, help desk, C4A, etc. to allow
them in.

For Americorps: Those who have staffing hours Monday or Tuesday. We will
still need you to be at the front desk to count the P.O. box users. For the
the back alley, I will try to staff this myself between 10am and 2pm. I ask
for someone(s) that is not regularly scheduled for the front desk Mon. or
Tues.  to help staff the back alley entrance until 6pm.

IMC: for the last two hour between 6 and 8pm, I ask someone from the IMC to
stand guard and point people where they need to go.

    Seeing that we are not exactly sure which day this repair will take
place, I would say to prepare for both days.

Thank you all and lets hope mother nature comes through with some good
weather so are stair can finally be fix.

--
Building Coordinator
Leon McGee
Leonmcgeeamericorps at gmail.com