[Imcamericorps] Ed Award Informatio

Francisco Baires fco.ucimc at gmail.com
Thu Aug 30 05:45:23 UTC 2012

thanks Sister Carol!
Say, yall...dont forget to stop by La Y and support Lolita's efforts:

* 'BEYOND LINES: Limited Expressions from the Men within Danville Prison'  *

* *

...features art work produced by incarcerated artists at Danville
Correctional Center, a men's medium-high security Illinois state prison.
Students of the University of Illinois' Education Justice Project organized
the exhibition and produced the accompanying catalogue. Their goals include
challenging popular assumptions about "prison art" and stereotypes about
incarcerated people generally. They warmly invite you to attend the exhibit
and related events, which will be shared with the men at the prison via
video.

Exhibition Opening:
Thursday, August 30, 6:30-8:30pm

Free and open to the public.
Exhibition on view in Murphy Gallery

on the first floor of the Y through October 14th, 2012 from 9am-9pm daily!

--
Francisco Baires
UC-IMC: AmeriCorps Member
francisco at universityymca.org