[Imcamericorps] All-Americorps Minutes

Alex Cline alex at ucimc.org
Wed Feb 15 13:01:41 CST 2012

*All-Americorps Meeting 02/15/12*

*
Reminders:*
OnCorps will be down from the 17th to the 20th.
3 late timesheets means a withholding of living allowance!
Submit and correct rather than submit late.

Ricardo: Gallery Reception and Concert - Mar 2 6-9 PM @ The Y

Alex: I can use your help at events if you want to make up hours! Get in
touch! alex at ucimc.org

Quarterly is due the 22nd, talk to Carol to get help on your sheet before
the due date if you think you need help.

Check Resource page on OnCorps to get all documents and holiday schedule!
Quarterly and Monthly templates also available.

Leon is coordinating *All Americorps Week*, March 10th-18th. March 17th
will be a service day, doing a food pack with the food bank. Going to have
a competition with Alpha Phi Omega.

We need to come up with another service project we can do collectively.
Week before Spring Break.

Past Projects by other groups:
• Read-in with Children w/ disabilities
• Literacy event, springing into literacy at junior high
• Valley Clean-up
• Medical reception for veterans
• Soup Kitchen

Possible things:
• Help in Champaign Nursing Home - Allison
∘ Contact Program Director, find needs
• Clean a park - Andrea
∘ Contact Park District
• Clothing Donation Drive for Crisis Nursery - Lolita
∘ Possibly find out about other needs
• Helping evicted Congolese families affiliated with Flex-N-Gate - Alex and
Ricardo
∘ Food drive?
‣ Door-to-door?
∘ Help with transportation and moving?
• Contacting DSC to see about helping children with disabilities - Terrell

*Reply to Leon and Carol with what your plans are, we want to do at least
two events.
*
Deadlines:
Reach out to people by Fri. Feb 17.

*Next meeting:*

Allison will give training from her workshop on the 29th at the next All
Americorps meeting: Project on Civic Reflection.

Americorps members, people who participate in community-based service work.
Idea is to have a conversation about the meaning of service, shared values,
etc. Conversation is anchored around poem or story.

We will use the whole hour to do something like that on the 29th.

Thanks,

Alex Cline
Venue Coordinator
202 S. Broadway #100