[Livingwage] Living Wage needs you

Belden Fields a-fields at uiuc.edu
Thu Apr 8 14:42:15 CDT 2004

	At 7 pm on Monday, April 12, at the Melon Building on the corner of John
and New Streets in Champaign, the Living Wage Association of Champaign
County will propose a living wage policy to the Champaign (Unit 4) School
Board.  The board presently pays many of its non-teaching staff (e.g., bus
drivers and cooks) below a living wage, which is now $9.06 per hour.  It
also contracts out some of the bus driving jobs to the MTD which also pays
below the living wage.  We are going to ask them to pay each and every
worker at least $9.06 per hour plus medical benefits.
	When we were successful before the County Board and the Urbana City
Council, we had the room packed with supporters.  We would like to have the
Board meeting room packed this time as well.  We need you once
again.  Please help us out by coming to the meeting.
Thanks very much,
In solidarity,
Belden fields