[Makerspace-keymembers] IEEE's Projects Fair oportunity

Jeffrey Putney quaker at gmail.com
Tue Oct 22 03:21:11 UTC 2013

Hey everyone, Sindhu from IEEE just wrote to me and officially invited us
to the IEEE's Projects Fair. I'm free that day and could table, is anyone
else interested?

Here are the details:
*"Friday Nov. 1st from 12 - 4pm in Area 51 (followed by Happy Hour at
Legends). *
*Unlike Quad Day/E-Night, the focus of this event is simply on engineering
projects of all sizes/magnitude/ambition.

The fair is meant to serve as a physical venue where: - those with project
ideas can recruit members with varied skill sets (often difficult for
interdisciplinary projects) - talented students can find interesting
projects - we can expand the recruiting pool for these projects (too often
it's the same familiar people involved in everything) - underclassmen and
those who've never deviated from classroom projects can be de-intimidated -
students (who normally would not meet) can bounce ideas and learn about
resources available on campus (or off campus,like the makerspace)

If you guys are interested (sorry about the racist bar lol) here's the form
(it's pretty short I promise):
Tinyurl.com/projectsfairsignup
Thank you!!!!!"*

Thanks,
Jeff

(just for context the "racist bar" comment was because I mentioned the
chief statue in legends when she first mentioned it)

--
Jeffrey Putney
Senior Software Engineer