[Makerspace-keymembers] Fwd: RoadTest: Tektronix TBS1202B-EDU Oscilloscope

Jeffrey Putney quaker at gmail.com
Mon Apr 28 10:41:48 EDT 2014

Hey Everyone,

Just got some cool news. I applied to "roadtest" a new fancy oscilloscope
from Element 14, a company that is kind of looking at getting into the
makerspace movement. And part of my application said I would keep the scope
at the makerspace so it could be used for cool educational stuff and the
public. And I just got the email saying my application was selected! So
we'll have a fancy new one of
these<http://www.newark.com/tektronix/tbs1202b-edu/oscilloscope-2ch-200mhz-2gsps/dp/33X1216>soon.
No strings attached, I just have to write up a review of it within 2
months and submit pretty pictures of people using it ;-)

Perhaps when we get it we could do a workshop on oscilloscopes and use it
to probe like the atari punk consoles to show how they work. Just day
dreaming a little ;-)

Woot!
  Jeff