[Makerspace-keymembers] Cordless Soldering Kit

Eric Gire esgire at gmail.com
Sat Aug 9 00:42:46 EDT 2014

Hey everybody,

I threw a bit of time at putting together a cordless soldering kit for
Makerspace. I modified the original parts list to reduce cost without
reduced coolness.

Part List:
7.49 1x E10 Solder Tip
1.00 1x Sub-mini Toggle Switch
0.65 1x Battery Holder AA 2x2
0.26 1x E10 Lamp Base
0.25 1x 5mm LED (prewired) (optional)
9.65 Total

Not included:
Custom enclosure (time+money?+design)
4x AA Batteries (+0.77)

The prices reflect a bulk order of 30 of each from ebay (china/usa). If the
part had a shipping cost, it was factored into the current per unit price.

Please note that international shipping can be lengthy on average about 14
days, and increasing the bulk amount greatly decreases the per unit price.
(We're talking like 100 bulk has the potential to reduce cost to ~$9.00 or
less.)

I can give sources if we decide to continue on.