[Makerspace-keymembers] Fwd: Illinois Library Association Conference 2014: Please participate!

Jeffrey Putney quaker at gmail.com
Mon Aug 11 18:18:45 EDT 2014

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Deidre Winterhalter <deidre.winterhalter at gmail.com>
Date: Mon, Aug 11, 2014 at 12:39 PM
Subject: Illinois Library Association Conference 2014: Please participate!
To: Deidre Winterhalter <dwinterhalter at hinsdalelibrary.info>

This year, the Illinois Library Association (ILA) will be holding its
annual conference in Springfield from Tuesday, October 14th to Thursday,
October 16th.  As part of the event, we are planning our second annual
Maker Showcase, scheduled to take place on *Thursday, October 16th from
12:00-2:00 p.m. * Last year's event proved so popular and well-attended
that we are enthusiastically looking forward to another great year.

I am writing to you because your organization
offers maker-related programming, and we would love to have you participate
in the showcase. What you bring to the conference doesn't have to be fancy
or elaborate.  Some examples of last year's hands-on activities included
paper crafts, Squishy Circuits, MaKey Makeys, soldering, and robotics. It
was, and will be, a way to reduce people's intimidation by Making/Hacking
and a chance for you to show off the cool stuff that you do (and a chance
to make connections with librarians from all over the state who are on the
lookout for great programs to bring in.)

Below is a link to a short form to fill out if you wish to participate.  I
hope you will seriously consider the possibility!

The form: https://secure.blueoctane.net/forms/JF82IMKVW3SU

Deidre Winterhalter

2014 ILA Conference Steering Committee Member

Youth Services Librarian

Hinsdale Public Library

20 East Maple Street

Hinsdale, Illinois 60521