[Makerspace-keymembers] Black Liberation and White Anti-Racism event

elizaBeth Simpson elizacorps at gmail.com
Sat Dec 13 17:12:41 EST 2014

Hi Key folks,

I'd written to you about hosting this in the space, but it's gotten a
little bigger, so it's going to be at the YMCA. Hope to see you there!
(info below)

Be well,
elizaBeth

--EMAIL READY CONTENT PLEASE FORWARD--

Friends,

NOTE: If you can't attend this event, you can still be part of the local
follow up. Please "join' the FB page or email elizacorps at gmail.com

https://www.facebook.com/events/1514105052168538/
Sunday, Dec. 14
6:30-9pm
Latzer Hall in the YMCA
1001 South Wright Street
(Free street parking, and in lot C9 at the corner of 6th and Chalmers)

Please join us this Sunday, in conjunction with the Catalyst Project, for
livestream panel of Black organizers from the SF Bay, followed by a
discussion and skill share on how to move ourselves and other white people
to take bold and accountable action against racism locally.

This event will focus on white people taking anti-racist action, but all
are welcome.

The panel is happening in Oakland, and is hosted by the Catalyst Project,
but we will be watching a livestream accompanied by in-person discussion
here in CU.
http://collectiveliberation.org/
<http://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fcollectiveliberation.org%2F&h=EAQEEmo3b&enc=AZOt0fMLRbMEetKcy5ZGnV099RuprL0mS-A4nnDRh8FjrX7a1gNZntKpgqUVhPr2EuY&s=1>

Speakers on the panel:
Phil Hutchings, member of Black Alliance for Just Immigration and Causa
Justa/Just Cause, former member of Student National Coordinating Committee

Alicia Garza, #BlackLivesMatter co-founder, Special Projects Director for
the National Domestic Workers Alliance, and former Executive Director of
People Organized to Win Employment Rights (POWER)

Kamau Walton, Critical Resistance, Stop the Injunctions Coalition, and
Prisoner Hunger Strike Solidarity

Robbie Clark, Housing Rights Campaign Lead Organizer at Causa Justa/Just
Cause

After the panel, we will share skills and have discussion about what white
anti-racism can look like in this political moment, including how to
organize other white people. We will also take take the first steps in
action together.

In this moment of loss and struggle, we have the opportunity to break
through the wall of white resistance--to move our people to stand on the
side of justice, humanity and freedom. Please join us.

Livestreaming here:
http://collectiveliberation.us1.list-manage.com/track/
click?u=2867d847f3&id=095963ff2a&e=ed6497845a
<http://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fcollectiveliberation.us1.list-manage.com%2Ftrack%2Fclick%3Fu%3D2867d847f3%26id%3D095963ff2a%26e%3Ded6497845a&h=_AQGY7aRZ&enc=AZPr-K4Tfe9FUWgSVs-jZTY2hfdCOMfZPgWjFp8OZvXCj41d7Uv5U_fwio_p6Ltk52A&s=1>

Live transcription here:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1a0od7askYGZAm9q9V8B6_IN9lx
Kjq_o2INPI8m8fX3Q/edit
<https://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=https%3A%2F%2Fdocs.google.com%2Fdocument%2Fd%2F1a0od7askYGZAm9q9V8B6_IN9lxKjq_o2INPI8m8fX3Q%2Fedit&h=pAQEGss9O&enc=AZPkzNLOnq0ZvTsfPv7qkJWeA3jLdorlrEJ3iagVnWfmaZP7JxsTzSYheBwUD0t40W0&s=1>

This event is being co-hosted by the YWCA. Their mission:
The YWCA is dedicated to eliminating racism, empowering women and promoting
peace, justice, freedom and dignity for all.