[Makerspace-keymembers] MakerSpace workshops

Monica Carr monica.mcarr at gmail.com
Mon Dec 15 18:53:42 EST 2014

Hi Peter!

I think We would love to help you out on a workshop! And I think that your idea is excellent, and would be well received by other spacers. I'm cc'ing out member email list to see if someone else is interested.

The way these things usually happen is that the person interested in running a workshop will suggest it to the Makerspace (usually during one of our member meetings which is held the last Sunday of every month), so we can approve it as a group. We can for sure provide a space, and possibly supplies and volunteers. Usually, volunteering to help run a workshop depends on the volunteer's experience/interest in doing it. We ask that you (and/or whoever wants to help) come up with the curriculum and that comfortable teaching it yourself.

You can pick any date you like, as long as it doesn't conflict with any other scheduled event (including open hours).

You seem like you could wait to start this, which is totally fine. Now that you know how this works, you can get the ball rolling whenever you are ready.

I hope that answers all your questions!

Best,
Monica