[Makerspace-keymembers] Request for the Makerspace for March 8, 1-4pm

Elizabeth Surbeck ejsurbeck at gmail.com
Thu Jan 16 01:54:13 UTC 2014

Some of you may have noticed the white board talking about a Women's IT and
Computing Open House. This is a kind of experiment that Py-CU would like to
run in order to encourage a greater appearance of women in the general CU
tech group community. It will be a mixed schedule of talks, a panel,
discussion tables, and organization tables. But first I would like the
general okay of the group.

Once there seems to be a general positive response from this feed, I will
start contacting the other CU tech groups to ask about having tables, the
IMC about using the annex next to the Makerspace and the zine room,
speakers for mini talks, and pretty much start getting this off the ground
now.

For the moment, the organizing force consists of myself, Elizabeth Wickes,
and Nadia Karlinsky with support thrown in by Beth Kieler of Coffeeshop
Coders. We would happily welcome anyone else who wants to be involved.
Naturally we meet on Tuesdays during Hack Night though we would definitely
meet some other time in the week if there are people who want to help but
can't do Tuesdays.

-Liz