[Makerspace-keymembers] An Invitation to have a table at the Women in Information Technology (WIT) Open House

Elizabeth Surbeck ejsurbeck at gmail.com
Sat Jan 25 23:09:15 UTC 2014

Dear Key-holding Members,

I am sending out a much more formal invitation to other tech-related groups
to participate at the Women in Information Technology (WIT) Open House, but
because the Makerspace is hosting the event and will need to make a group
decision, I am keeping this invitation to the point.

Py-CU would like to give Makerspace Urbana the opportunity to have a table
at the open house. The tables will be placed in a room next to where the
scheduled speakers will be and attendees will be encouraged to go between
the rooms based on what they are more interested in. Besides Py-CU's
benefit, this could also benefit the greater organization of Makerspace in
a more impactful way if attendees could get immediate information about the
venue they are to be in. We can work with you, of course, to make sure you
have tables, chairs, outlets, etc. We will be working with you for tips and
advice on making such details go smoothly in any case. Elizabeth Wickes can
elaborate more about this during the monthly meeting as well.

Sincerely,

Liz