[Makerspace-keymembers] Fwd: YEF Spark Grant ­Update

Emily Knox emilyknox at gmail.com
Wed Jun 11 14:44:57 EDT 2014

We didn't get the Yahoo grant. :(

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Greg Muchnik <muchnik at yahoo-inc.com>
Date: Wed, Jun 11, 2014 at 2:42 PM
Subject: Re: YEF Spark Grant ­Update
To: Emily Knox <emilyknox at gmail.com>
Cc: Kendall Thrapp <kthrapp at yahoo-inc.com>

 Emily - I’m sorry but our grant request will not be funded.

 Thanks for your time and effort to put in the application.

 Greg

 On Jun 11, 2014, at 11:40 AM, YEF <YEF at yahoo-inc.com> wrote:

  Hi Greg,

 The Yahoo! Employee Foundation (YEF) thanks you for acting as a Champion
and submitting a Spark Grant Application on behalf of your charitable
organization. Regretfully, the YEF Grants Committee must inform you that we
will not be funding your organization in this round.  Please notify your
organization.  We will not be notifying them because you are the main
contact for that organization.

  YEF seeks to address issues regarding Education & Youth, Community
Building & Families, and the Environment.  Given limited resources and a
large number of grant applications, we are restricted in our ability to
fund all of the applicants.

  The Grants Committee is comprised of over 30 Yahoos representing
employees throughout the company.  Although the committee grants requests
based on defined criteria, due to the varied opinions of each individual on
the committee, we cannot provide you with detailed feedback on why your
organization did not receive funding.

  We encourage you to consider making another inquiry during our future
grant cycles.  Please check the YEF Grants page for updated information on
due dates at yo/yef.  Round 2 of the Spark Grant Cycle begins June 23 and
Choice Grants occur quarterly.

 Again, thanks so much for your generosity to YEF and your enthusiasm for
championing a grant.

 Should you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to contact us
at yef at yahoo-inc.com.

  Arun Simha, Jennifer Fernandez, and Nancy Raber
YEF Grants Co-Chairs