[Makerspace-keymembers] money happenings at py-cu last night

E.W. elliewix at gmail.com
Wed May 14 10:04:14 EDT 2014

Things of interest:

-I sold the roomba to a member for $20.

-About 5 people made use of the snack bar last night, which is over half of
the hack night attendees.  Thanks for getting that set up!

-About two or three months ago I started making an announcement at the end
of each night (along with the 5 minute warning) to throw some money in the
jar if you want to support the space.  Since then, several people have been
steadily throwing a dollar or more in the jar each week.  I stress that
people can select any amount they want, even if it is just their pocket
change, and I'm happy to see that it has become a habit for several of our
regulars. There were almost no donations by Py-CU participants before I
started this. While it isn't a ton of money each week, it is better than
nothing and importantly increases the awareness of contributing back to
support the space.

Elizabeth