[Makerspace-keymembers] IMC flood

E.W. elliewix at gmail.com
Sat Oct 25 00:20:25 EDT 2014

Hi all,

tl;dr ->  Makerspace is fine.  I offered the IMC the use of our box fan.
The flood didn't seem to be too terrible and was clean water.  Next cleanup
day should review valuables on the floor.

All of what I know:

I just got back from the IMC after they issued a call out for help with a
flood event.  There was a water pipe for the courthouse sprinklers under
the street that burst and flooded a portion of the IMC basement.  It
appears that some of the CPL donated computers might have experienced some
water, but we don't know how much/bad.

The call didn't reach me until two hours after the event, so I don't know
much more than this.

I did offer up our box fan for use in the Family room.  The mop saw some
action and is resting peacefully back home.  I reviewed our space and found
no evidence of water.

We should add an agenda item to our next cleanup day to review anything
directly on the floor of the space and get it up at least a few inches.  Or
create a "suitable for destruction by flood" floor zone.

Elizabeth