[Makerspace-keymembers] Fwd: Community Arts Forum Panelist Invitation

Jeffrey Putney quaker at gmail.com
Fri Sep 19 18:56:36 EDT 2014

Well this is a nice invite :-)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Wu, Hong-An <hwu34 at illinois.edu>
Date: Fri, Sep 19, 2014 at 5:55 PM
Subject: Community Arts Forum Panelist Invitation
To: "makerspaceu at gmail.com" <makerspaceu at gmail.com>

 Dear Makerspace Urbana,

It is my great pleasure to invite you to appear on a panel at the upcoming
Community Arts Forum organized by Everyday Arts Lab on behalf of the School
of Art and Design from the University of Illinois at Champaign-Urbana and
40 North | 88 West Champaign County Arts Council. This forum will be held
at Figure One in downtown Champaign on November 8, 2014 from 8:00 am-1:00
pm. We are eager to pack our program with panel discussions from dedicated
community arts practitioners in Champaign Urbana, and to open up dialogs
between the theory and practice of community arts. Given your experiences
working with community arts projects, your participation would be an asset
to the development of an ongoing dialogue about the role of the School of
Art and Design in supporting and participating in community arts practices
and programs.

Each panel will consist of 3 panelists, whose work shares a similar theme.
Panelists will have approximately 15 minutes to present on their chosen
topic, with a 15 minute discussion at the end. The Community Arts Forum
comprises of 3 panels, we will schedule panels and times once all proposals
are received. We will notify you of your discussion time by October 10,
2014. There is some flexibility in grouping and scheduling panels. Please
let us know if you have any requests and we will do our best to accommodate
your scheduling preferences.

We will provide a light breakfast and lunch to both participants and
attendees. To thank you for your time, we are offering a $100 honorarium in
return for your preparation and appearance on the panel.

Should you decide to accept this invitation, please reply to
hwu34 at illinois.edu with the following information by October 3, 2014.

·      Your Name

·      Affiliated Organizations

·      Presentation Title/ Topic (Please provide brief information about
the topic you will discuss.)

I do hope that you will be able to accept this invitation. Thank you for
your time.

Sincerely,

Hong-An Wu

Community Arts Forum Coordinator

University of Illinois at Champaign-Urbana