[Makerspace-keymembers] University of Illinois Design Commons

Jeffrey Putney quaker at gmail.com
Sun Dec 13 22:15:36 EST 2015

That is a wonderful document. And personally I would love to see the
Makerspace on there as an official signatory if the group supports it.

Also this section warmed my heart:
"*Generosity of support and spirit. *Makerspace Urbana demonstrates how
social generosity and support in developing new technological literacies
involves not only the  sharing of certain forms of “technical” expertise,
but recognizing the multiple forms of expertises that can and should be
shared. Expertise is not the province of faculty, staff, and
self-identified technical experts alone. Informal and multi-directional
learning must be promoted to cultivate a truly inclusive and supportive
community of designers."

Thanks Emily!

Jeff