[Makerspace-keymembers] Now Announcing: UCIMC Anniversary Celebration Schedule

Urbana-Champaign Independent Media Center ucimcmembership at gmail.com
Sun Sep 20 23:02:35 EDT 2015

Now announcing: UCIMC Anniversary Schedule Oct 9 -11. RSVP here (https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1S9re-VKR3YQFy94cybkrQB-_eDraw3qs8lGdxCO0x_I/viewform)

View this email in your browser (http://us10.campaign-archive2.com/?u=8ac113a68637b5a087c168387&id=e768ef7fe7&e=b391c587b5)

Urbana Champaign Independent Media Center

** NOW ANNOUNCING:

** UCIMC 15th Anniversary Celebration

** SCHEDULE

** Thursday October 9th 5:30pm - Sunday, October 11th 1:00pm
UCIMC 202 S. Broadway Ave in Urbana, IL
OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
Events FREE except where noted

**

Friday, October 9th
5:30-7pm - Art making workshops
7:30pm - Evening performance hosted by the School for Designing a Society featuring Paul Kotheimer (by donation)

**

Saturday, October 10
9am-noon - Work parties: Tech-tastic, Green space, Archiving our History
11:30-1pm - Panel: What is needed now from a Community Media & Arts Center in CU? Organized by Cope Cumpston (Lunch for sale)
1-3pm - IMC Open House - meet IMC working groups and partners!
3-5pm - Future of the IMC & Independent Media - Facilitated by Sascha Meinrath and Danielle Chynoweth
6:30-9:30 - Evening Event - Wine and Cheese Mixer and Spoken Word Performance with T.R.U.T.H. and Exposed ($10-30 sliding scale)

**

Sunday, October 11
10am - 12pm - Breakfast and Interactive Exercises: Launching the Next 15 years of the IMC.  (Breakfast for sale)
Noon - Closing circle

15 years ago a handful of people gathered in a living room, collectivized their media equipment and started to tell untold stories. In 2005, we bought the post office building in downtown Urbana. For these 15 years, we have used media to transform policy, shipped over 100,000 books to prisoners, published over 225 editions of the public i, raised a radio tower, provided support and a venue to thousands of artists, have a thriving Makerspace, and have incubated a Bike Cooperative and dozens of local and international projects.

Don't miss this amazing convergence of hundreds of IMC friends, allies, alumni current volunteers, and members of the public as we share and preserve our history, build skills, and chart a path for the next 15 years.

Don't know the IMC yet? Come discover and help make it's future!

RSVP for the Celebration (https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1S9re-VKR3YQFy94cybkrQB-_eDraw3qs8lGdxCO0x_I/viewform)
Share the event on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/events/1481911258774358/)