[Makerspace-keymembers] Boneyard Arts Festival venue

Mike Bohlmann iammikeb at gmail.com
Tue Mar 1 12:20:01 EST 2016

Greetings,

While working on sponsorship opportunities, it hit me that we should be
considering acting as a venue for the Boneyard Arts Festival.

http://40north.org/programs/boneyard

As a venue in Urbana, we would need to have some open hours on Friday and
Saturday, April 8th and 9th. My recommendation would be that we do open
hours as well as displays of our makerthings on Friday late
afternoon/evening and Saturday11am to evening.

Could we fill the schedule with either volunteers to host public hours or
specific activities? Here's a starter set:
Friday 4pm to 6pm: open hours
Friday 6pm to 8pm: 3D printing design and demonstrations (Mike)
Saturday 11am to 1pm: open hours
Saturday 1pm to 2pm: PyCU
Saturday 2pm to 4pm: BB-217 and associated maker skill demonstrations
Saturday 4pm to 6pm: (someone volunteer a workshop or activity here)
Saturday 6pm to 8pm: open hours

In order to be a venue that appears on the map, we need to submit the
following form and $50 by March 14:
http://40north.org/programs/boneyard-arts-festival/2016-boneyard-arts-festival-registration-form

Thoughts? Volunteers? I already put my name down for one of the things.

Thanks,
Mike