[Makerspace-keymembers] Fwd: [Makerspace Urbana] Girls Summer Camp Tour

Jeffrey Putney quaker at gmail.com
Mon May 23 21:03:49 UTC 2016

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Vivian Li <li.v.cheerful at gmail.com>
Date: Wed, May 18, 2016 at 12:36 PM
Subject: [Makerspace Urbana] Girls Summer Camp Tour
To: makerspaceU at gmail.com

Hi! My name is Vivian Li and I'm working with the Gems Computer Science
Camp for Girls at the university. Gems is a completely free day camp for
middle school and high school girls to introduce them to coding and
electronics to show them how cool and fun it is.

I was wondering if it would be possible to have a tour of your space (I saw
that you guys have an embroidery/sewing machine, and I thought that was
super cool!). One of our themes (of four) for the camp is "the arts", and I
thought the projects you guys have really show how circuitry can be used as
tools to make things that aren't serious. Our camps run Monday-Friday from
9-3, and we would love to visit.

Thank you so much,
Vivian