[Makerspace-keymembers] Fwd: Orpheum Museum Archaeology Project

MakerSpace Urbana makerspaceu at gmail.com
Tue May 24 02:25:23 UTC 2016

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Amanda Butler <mccracam at yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, May 23, 2016 at 9:30 AM
Subject: Orpheum Museum Archaeology Project
To: "makerspaceu at gmail.com" <makerspaceu at gmail.com>
Cc: Tatiana Niculescu <tatiana.niculescu89 at gmail.com>

Hello,

Monica Carr had mentioned to our group that Makerspace may be able to help
us figure out an affordable option for 3D printing some of our artifacts
for our archaeology exhibit being built at the Orpheum Children's Science
Museum. We have quite a few items we're looking into 3D printing but we
have no concept of where we can get these done or how much it might cost.
An example of something we'd want printed is a Mississippian period ceramic
water bottle - a free 3d model found here:
http://hampson.cast.uark.edu/artifact.php?IDart=2

Does Makerspace do this kind of thing? How much might it cost us to do
this? If there is a cost, would there be any discounts for 501(c)
non-profits (Orpheum)? Any information you could give would be amazing.
Thank you for your time.

Amanda

Amanda Butler
Ph.D. Candidate