[Newspoetry] REVISED SETLIST - still fuzzy

gillespie william k gillespi at ux1.cso.uiuc.edu
Wed Oct 13 10:34:45 CDT 1999

> Hey, I have a mixing board of the Mackie 1202 variety which is
> lendable. I believe it has two sets of RCA outputs.

Thanks. I'll let you know after tonight if we need it.

I don't know whether I'll have time to make a program. There are
still question
marks...

WG
Explains the history of Newspoetry
"Political Poetry"
"further further adventures of tinyman"
"have you seen your brother can you spare a dime baby standing in the
shadow?" [MUSIC]
"Ventriloquist's Administration" [MUSIC]
"Today the impeachment thing is over" [w/DC]

 DC
 "and you arrive..."
"The Week the News was Put in Prison"
 Dec '95 Pome

MUSIC
"This Land is My Land"

JF
"Terse Phrase Vies for Attention"
"Horrible, Stupid Crap Happens ..."
"Skirt Strike"
"Death Penalty Fails to Deter ..."

MUSIC
"If I had a Pencil"

KM
"State of the Union"
(?) "Crayola Crayons"

LC
2 Poems

PK
"#32 Final Exam Spring 1999."
"#40 Peace Agreement. "
"#46 Peace Process.  "
"AFTER 'WHAT THINGS ARE CALLED'"
"What Things are Called."
"Day in the Life of a Newspoet" w/ ME, BH

MUSIC
"Walmart Anthem" w/piano!

 AB
"Statistics"
(?) "Money..." (w/ BH)
"NATO faces potential embarassment"
(?) Newspoem 7/21/99 ("An Internet Content Provider"(?))
"Last Night I dreamed I Made Sandwiches for the Revolution"

ML
 "Colonel's Wife Faces Cocaine Charge..."
"RE: Suckers!" (w/ WG & AB)
(?)"Reconstruction"

MUSIC
"Janine"

SR
"Still Life With Albananian Refugee"
"Commentary via Lexical Modification"
"More Reflections on the Internet Economy"

excerpt from "Waiting for (Dirk)" by Sam Beckett
(w/WG)

ME
"Unentitled libretto for a piano player"
"We should consider depleted Uranium Radioactive"
"Malaysian Prime Minister Elected Limerick Rose"
"clinton deploys us bombs to fight floyd" by SP
"y2k says people are dumb" by SM

MUSIC
"Things"