[Newspoetry] (no subject)

Bill Wendling wendling at ganymede.isdn.uiuc.edu
Fri Oct 15 00:54:57 CDT 1999

----- Forwarded message from <Newspoetry at ganymede.isdn.uiuc.edu> -----

Date: Thu, 14 Oct 1999 14:19:10 -0500 (CDT)
From: Paul Kotheimer <herringb at prairienet.org>
Subject: countdown to NEWSPOETRY LIVE!!
To: Mike Lehman <rebelmike at earthlink.net>
cc: newspoetry at ganymede.isdn.uiuc.edu

hi friends

i will be at OJC at 7 with the rest of the crew.  Bull Fiddler
Extraordinaire Russell Clark has been so kind as to push back our
get-together to the 9 o'clock hour.

so please scratch anything i said yesterday on that topic.

thanks,

paul k.

also:  people who are staging sets:  PLEASE think in terms of TWO
locations from which a voice could be reading, those being 1. "FROM THE
CENTRAL NEWSPOETRY DESK" (on which will be planted a swanky studio
microphone) or 2. "LIVE on LOCATION" with a hand-held mic.  the HAND-HELD
mic can go anywhere in Sweet Betsy's.  BUT neither mic will feed to a
P.A., so your reading needs to be heard in the room on lung-power alone.

if you need to bust these constraints for the purposes of live staging,
keep in mind that webcast audibility will go down.

but we CAN be flexible.  tweaking should be fairly easy with the audio
set-up we have.

yers trooly

pk