[Newspoetry] Poeme

auntbarb at onthejob.net auntbarb at onthejob.net
Wed Jan 19 21:58:17 CST 2000

	Strange Death Row Pact Signed

	Today, Florida Governor Jeb Bush signed into law a streamlined
proceedure for Death Row appeals, making it the "quickest route to getting
fried in America," a supporter was quoted as saying.
	Death Row inmates in Florida currently must file their second
appeal within the first year of their conviction.  However, the new law
would streamline that process by offering each condemned prisoner a 7-Day
Carnival Cruise if they agree not to file any appeals at all.
	Also part of the new law, which supporters are going wild over,
but opponents simply refer to as "The warped doings of a depraved
administration," Death Row inmates who lose their second appeal would have
the choice of being instantly vaprorized, infected with Anthrax, or going
on a 3-day cruise during which they would be tossed overboard into
shark-infested waters.  "This is just nuts," one opponent was quoted as
saying.
	"Hey, a lot of these guys have just been sitting there, some of
them for years.  We want this to be the quikest route to getting fired in
America," said Jeff Birgine of Video Store Clerks for Neo-Vigilante
Justice.
	"We've got a lot of guys on Death Row, and we're only killing one
or two of them a year.  Man, we need to get busy!" Mr. Bush was quoted as
saying.

-Babs