[Newspoetry] January 20th

Sehvilla asta at advancenet.net
Thu Jan 18 22:40:51 CST 2001

Hi all.
Here's the plan for January 20th.
tomorrow, Friday, from about 11am to 1:30 pm, we will be PAINTING THE
CASKET for "democracy" and the other signs, the headstones for affirmative
action, etc. please, if you can bring cardboard and ideas, that would make
it all easier on me. I have enough paint and brushes, I think.
  I still need to work out the exact route plan for the funeral march, but
it should go something like this (this plan is open to changes. if YOU
think you know a good place to march, think we're starting too close or
too far from the courthouse, have any other suggestions, please contact me
by phone or by email, anlyzstrlz at advancenet or 344-2394):
  we'll start out before campustown at noon or half-past noon. We'll march
through campustown (this is where further plans are to be announced). We
will try to take the Green bus at the Illini union to downtown Urbana. If
they don't let us on we'll march instead. Then we'll march through
downtown Urbana and end at the courthouse, ten or so minutes before the
rally starts, where we'll end.
  Since this is a funeral we're putting on, it might be good to look
formal and somber. Please dress in the warmest serious clothes you have.
Head-scarves and veils and dark scarves and gloves would be really good,
if you can find 'em.
  please, please, please, please, PLEASE, if you don't think I know that
you're going to be at the march, contact me by the methods listed above. A
message left on the voice mail is great. I really need to know that people
will be there, we'll have enough pall bearers, etc. If you said you were
interested but now you can't come, please let me know that.
  Tomorrow I will send out an email proposing the exact route, where we
should meet, etc, assuming that if people don't respond to it they'll be
at the place I suggest.
  contact y'all again soon,

sehvilla :)

ps if you have decorations for the casket, fake flowers or something,
please bring them. if anybody you know has an instrument that they could
play the "funeral march" on, that would be so great...

"...Monsanto's own tests showed increased levels of mastitis, a painful
udder infection, in cows injected with rBGH. According to food safety
experts, increased levels of mastitis would force farmers to use more
antibiotics, which would be more likely to contaminate the cows' milk.
rBGH milk would also spoil faster because it contains more bacteria and
has a higher "somatic cell count" (translated into layman's language, this
means that the milk contains "more pus").
                            from "Toxic Sludge is Good For You"