[OccupyCU] Potluck Dinner/Meeting to Discuss CU's Mobilization Against NATO: Next Wed, April 11

Sarah Lazare sarah.lazare at gmail.com
Wed Apr 4 14:07:12 UTC 2012

Hi Occupy CU, I wanted to invite you to this April 11th dinner/meeting
about NATO, since the Occupy CU NATO working group was involved in setting
up the event:

*You are invited to a potluck dinner/meeting to discuss CU's mobilization
against NATO!
*
*When*: Next Wednesday, April 11th (a week from tomorrow), 6pm - 7:30pm

*Where:* Sarah's house (412 West Illinois Street in Urbana at the
intersection of Illinois and McCullough).

*What:* Lots of CU organizers have been hatching plans to protest the May
20-21 NATO summit in Chicago. We want to get everyone under one roof so
that we can share ideas, discuss plans, and brainstorm ways to connect the
dots between our local work and the upcoming NATO summit. We're going to do
this over food (please bring some if you can but not required).

*Who:* This event will be hosted by The Civilian-Soldier Alliance and Iraq
Veterans Against the War. Folks from The Catholic Worker, Occupy CU, and
the GEO were involved in setting up the event. We invited plenty of other
folks from local anti-war and social justice groups, including AWARE, IVAW,
The Civilian-Soldier Alliance, The Catholic Worker, local labor, CUCPJ,
Jobs With Justice, School for Designing a Society, as well as independent
activists. Anyone's welcome.

*Background:* NATO is an alliance of Western military superpowers that
throws military might behind the U.S.-led Global War on Terror and other
overt and covert military campaigns and occupations around the world.
NATO's summit meeting, slated to take place in Chicago on May 20th through
21st, is expected to be met with massive protests from anti-war and social
justice organizations. Champaign-Urbana groups are planning to join in this
resistance against NATO's unjust wars and occupations by participating in
the Chicago protests and raising awareness locally.

Please pass this to anyone I may have missed. This is an open meeting for
Champaign-Urbana folks interested in mobilizing against NATO. Feel free to
call me at 217-816-2918 if you have any questions. Please note that free
childcare will be provided.

-Sarah