[OccupyCU] outreach & action committee meeting 4-2-12

mark enslin enslin.mark at gmail.com
Fri Apr 6 02:47:26 UTC 2012

Discussion of the April 10 Cunningham Township referendum, move to amend
check Chandler's email and facebook event for details.
There is a volunteer for a parallel Champaign township effort.

Discussion of legalizing leafleting at malls.

Positive value of pairs or groups working on tasks vs individuals taking
total reponsibility.

Flex-n-gate report - picket outside the factory was well attended - N-G
reported something like 90 people. There are still rumors about workers
feeling intimidated.
TV truck was there early but didn't come back.
union outreach. Jobs with Justice.

Pam: Why can't we disseminate information in the GA (Ya'aqov and Pam
teaming up to offer this?)

next saturday protest at Main and Neil - picnic at Westside park at 12 or
12:30.

Lines of least resistance of info dissemination stays within a narrow
boundary; stepping outside that

update on jail construction issue - survey.

706 W Nevada - milk box with general info flyers including move-to-amend
flyers.

discussion of other occupies - San Francisco take-over of abandoned
buildings.
discussion of tenting, holding a public space as a commons, a forum for
conversation and information, something inviting.
standing with signs - just because we're out there people feel they can
come up and talk.