[OccupyCU] Requests from Occupy Chicago

Sarah Lazare sarah.lazare at gmail.com
Fri Apr 13 22:26:12 UTC 2012

Hi all--

I have been talking with Rachael from the Occupy Chicago media team about
the upcoming NATO mobilization. She asked me to pass on a two requests from
Occupy Chicago to Occupy CU:

1.) The Occupy Chicago media team requests that we (Occupy CU) help spread
the word about yesterday's Woodland Clinic occupation. Articles can be
found at the Occupy Chicago press page here: <
http://www.facebook.com/PressCOMM>
Here's a good Truthout article: <
http://truth-out.org/news/item/8519-save-our-clinics-chicago-activists-occupy-to-save-mental-health-services

*CAN FOLKS PLEASE HELP SPREAD THESE FAR AND WIDE? *I can't make it to the
GA tonight, but if folks could pass this along, I'd appreciate it.

2.) Secondly, is anyone who is going to NATO interested in being on a media
interview pool for out-of-town occupiers attending the NATO mobilization?
The Occupy Chicago media team has a list of people who are available for
interviews that they consult when the media requests an interview. For the
NATO protests, they would like to expand that list to include out of town
Occupiers, so that they have a resource to consult when the media requests
out of town Occupy folks to talk to. Please let me know if you're
interested and I'll pass your info along. If you're interested but feel
uncomfortable speaking to the media, please let me know. I'm happy to work
with you on it to feel more comfortable (I can share my own experiences and
lessons from doing media work).

In Solidarity,
Sarah