[OccupyCU] help CUCPJ with a door-to-door survey about county issues / today Saturday April 14, 10am to 3pm / at IMC until about 11:30am

Karen Medina kmedina67 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 14 15:08:07 UTC 2012

Hi everyone,

Please join community group Champaign-Urbanan Citizens for Peace and
Justice (CUCPJ) in administering a second round of a door-to-door survey,
to find out how residents feel about public safety.  This is part of an
effort to find out how people feel about spending public money to fund a
proposed expansion of the county jail, to educate people about this issue
and bring to light concerns over inclusive governance and transparency in
the local decision-making process about public spending.  Ultimately, our
collective goal is to advocate for healthy and sustainable public safety
alternatives, rather than increased incarceration here in Champaign-Urbana.

*Date: Saturday, April 14th*

* *

*Time: 10 a.m. – 3:00 p.m*

* *

*Program-  Orientation:  10-11:30*

*                  Field work: 11:30-2:30*

*                  Recap/debrief/filling out feedback forms -  2:30-3:00*

*We'll meet at the IMC in downtown Urbana (202 S. Broadway)
*

We need warm bodies and smiling faces to door-knock. Drivers, please bring
your cars as we'll need to transport folks from the IMC to the survey sites
and back to the IMC.