[OccupyCU] celebrating the youth of the world

Karen Medina kmedina67 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 17 15:56:12 UTC 2012

Dear Occupy,

RE: the 4th of July parade: celebrating the youth of the world

A few times I have mentioned a group of youth in Afghanistan who are
working for peace. Here is a bit more information on this group:

AFGHAN YOUTH PEACE VOLUNTEERS -- from http://www.kathykellytour.org/?page_id=80

The AYPV are young people living in a war-torn country. They, like
Gandhi, are not pointing at anyone saying “you are wrong”. Instead
they seek to encourage wide-scale, person-to-person relationships
towards peace and reconciliation, with a resolute commitment to
nonviolence, non-killing and the well-being of ALL people.

While the US, NATO, Taliban and all other players decide what to do
with a country that is not theirs and with a world that does not
belong only to them, is there ANY ONE PERSON who understands what the
common, average citizen of Afghanistan or citizen of the world wishes
for?

We seek to encourage wide-scale, person-to-person relationships
towards peace and reconciliation, with a resolute commitment to
non-violence, non-killing and the well-being of ALL people. ‘I wish to
live without wars.’ An Afghan boy Abdulai, 15 year old student and
farmer, Afghan Youth Peace Volunteer.

They are leading the way by talking with young people around the world
. . .one village at a time.

-- karen medina