[OccupyCU] Opportunity to help prevent local jail expansion!

brook c emailbrook at gmail.com
Mon Apr 23 19:33:43 UTC 2012

Hello Everybody,
This is your chance to help get the C-U community involved in the jail
expansion issue and contribute to the exciting national decarceration
movement. CUCPJ and friends are doing door-to-door surveys asking community
members about their thoughts on the proposed jail expansion. *We will meet *
*10 am Saturday April 28 **at the IMC and have a brief workshop **and then
conduct surveys until around 2:30.
*
If you have never done door-to-door surveys before, know little about the
issue, or only have a hour and a half to spare, your work is still welcome
and needed. We are trying to both get the word out about the issue and to
gather ideas of what community members would like to have tax money spent
on. So far, very few people surveyed have been supportive of the proposed
expansion. We want input from as many community members as possible. This
Saturday will be our big push to get as much community input as we can.

Please spread the word to your friends and colleagues. I found that doing
the surveys was interesting - less intimidating and more fun than I
expected. Come join us in our efforts to improve our community!

Thank you!
Brook

If you have any questions please feel free to email or call
emailbrook at gmail.com
845-594-9056