[OccupyCU] Fw: Query about sponsoring a C-U solidarity forum with Chicago Teachers Union speakers

Gene Vanderport lightport at sbcglobal.net
Thu Aug 9 02:22:16 UTC 2012

Comrades, see below the original letter from Steven Ashby asking for Champaign
Urbana community to host a Chicago Teachers Forum......please read his letter
way, way below....Also read the growing list of cosponsors attached & below....
Would your organization be willing to cosponsor, which simply means:
	* your organization's name would be listed with the other cosponsors on the
event announcements
	* your leaders would attend
	* encourage your members to attend
Even if your goals are not DIRECTLY involved with labor issues, you may find the
Chicago Teachers Union mobilizing methods to be helpful to your activists!
Gene Vanderport & Germaine Light

Cosponsor List
Chicago Teachers Union Forum

Central Illinois Jobs With Justice:  The Mother Jones Chapter
UIUC Campus Labor Coalition
Graduate Employees Union (GEO)/IFT/AFT
Champaign Federation of Teachers/IFT/AFT
Campus Faculty Association
Danville Education Association/IEA/NEA
Region 9 IEA/NEA
Champaign-Urbana Citizens for Peace & Justice